Nurse / Midwife Scholarships
- employed and currently working as an Enrolled Nurse (EN) in a permanent full or part time position within the NSW public health system
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- resident of NSW
- Interested on undertaking an Australian Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery degree in 2012
These scholarships are competitive and not all applicants will be granted a scholarship. Priority may be given to Enrolled Nurses employed in areas of need such as mental health and rural locations.
What are the things required for applying scholarship?
1. Essay Question
On the on-line application form, in the relevant section, state in no more than 500 words;
Why you want to undertake the Bachelor of Nursing or Midwifery and how will this scholarship assist you in completing your studies.
It is advisable that you type your essay in a word document and then paste your essay into the required field on the online application form.
2. Supporting Documents
The following four documents supporting your application are to be sent to the Nursing and Midwifery Office in the NSW Department of Health by 21st November 2011, these are;
a) Evidence of your Enrolment in an Australian undergraduate Nursing or Midwifery course in 2012. This document must include your name, the name of the course, the year of study and a list of the subjects you have enrolled in for 2012.
If your enrolment confirmation is unavailable at the time of application, please provide a brief letter indicating your intention to enrol and forward your enrolment confirmation as soon as possible so that your application can be progressed. All enrolment confirmation must be received by 30th March 2012.
Generic information about course subjects will not be accepted.
b) A Letter from Your Employer in the following format:-
i. Letter on LHD/Specialty Network letterhead from your employee services department or immediate manager;
ii. Must be dated and signed (within the last 3 months)
iii. stating your name;
iv. title of your position;
v. employment status; (full-time, part-time or casual), and
vi. how long you have been employed in this position.
c) A copy of the Australian Taxation Office ‘Statement by a Supplier‘ form, which can be found at: www.ato.gov.au/content/downloads/nat3346.pdf
What is a Statement by a Supplier form?
- This is an Australian Taxation Office form. By completing this form the NSW Department of Health is not obliged to deduct tax from your scholarship;
- If you do not have an Australian Business Number (ABN), you will need to fill out the form. When completing the Statement by a Supplier form the top section that says ‘Name of supplier’ and ‘Address of supplier’ this is where you print your name and address;
- Tick the most appropriate box (one only and it is usually the last box) and sign where it says ‘Signature of supplier or authorised person’. Unsigned and /or incomplete forms will not be processed and your application will be deemed to be unsuccessful;
- A sample of a completed form is provided here
- Please note that the Nursing and Midwifery Office is unable to advise which box to tick, as it relates to your own personal circumstances.
d) A completed NSW Department of Health Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) Form. Unsigned and /or incomplete forms will not be processed and your application will be deemed to be unsuccessful. Please note that payments cannot be made into credit card accounts.
For continuing students who have previously received an undergraduate scholarship from the NSW Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship Fund, please send in a copy of your course results to date, with the other 4 documents.
Please send your completed documents to the Nursing and Midwifery Office at the following postal address:-
Nursing and Midwifery Office
NSW Department of Health
Locked Mail Bag 961
NORTH SYDNEY NSW 2059
nursing scholarships 2013 nsw + nursing scholarships in norway + international midewife nurse scholarships in germany + scholarship for nepalese nurses + Germany International nursing degree schoolarships for 2015 + scholarship for nurses to study midwife in usa +